Safety & Risk Management
At Town & Country Cleaning, the Health & Safety of all our customers, employees, subcontractors and anyone coming into contact with our company is at the forefront of our thinking. As a direct result of our professional and pragmatic approach, no serious Health & Safety incident at work has been reported to date.
Town & Country Cleaning is both ISO9001 and Safecontractor (SSIP - Safety Schemes in Procurement) accredited, and as such continually maintains a published up-to-date Health & Safety policy document, which is annually audited by an external professional body. We further strengthen our Health & Safety procedures by using when appropriate an external Health & Safety "Competent Person" consultant with over 20 years safety industry experience and the BIFM (British Institute of Facilities Management) to steer the company in adopting industry best practices.
Site-specific risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) are avialable on request for both site and specific project cleans. All our staff receive a Health & Safety training programme and are issued with personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate. We only use the most up-to-date professional cleaning products (e.g. Selden/Prochem) and COSSH information sheets are made available for all cleaning products used. Customer responsibility to PAT test all electrical equipment stored at customer site.
Information readily available includes the following:
- Health and Safety Policy Statement, Responsibilities and Procedures
- Risk Assessment and Safety Method Statements
- Training Records
- Audits and Inspection Logs
- Hazardous Substances (COSSH)
- Electrical (PAT) Testing Records
- Maintenance of Equipment Records
- Subcontractor Policies
- Accident Prevention and Reporting
- First Aid and Emergency Contact Details
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Absence Reporting
- Lone Working Arrangement
- Employee CRB checks
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Environmental Policy and ISO14001